Done is better than perfect.
It’s incredibly easy to put that idea into action when it’s somebody else’s project. When it’s my own, though, I get caught up in the weeds and forget to just do.
Case in point: this blog. I don’t know if I really want to be a blogger, but instead of just trying it for a while I obsessed for months about tag clouds and photography and systems and processes. Stuff that’s not really all that necessary for a blog that currently has what, like 5 posts? Stop stalling, self.
So instead of obsessing about how the site doesn’t look like it looks in my head, I’m just going to write. Here’s some stuff I might write about:
- Adventures. You might think that’s the same as travel, and maybe it is sometimes, but not necessarily.
- (Mis)adventures in dating. I have no game. It’s funny.
- Stuff that makes me laugh.
- Home decor, on occasion.
- Digital media. Maybe marketing too.
- Fashion and shopping, maybe.
- Maybe running? I only have one post idea (a love letter to Accel Gels) so maybe that won’t come up that much.
- Wine. I drink a lot of wine. Also: I know nothing about wine except I watched that documentary Somm and got inspired to drink more wine. Funny how that happens.
- Real talk. Friendship and career and happiness and sadness and that.
Here goes nothing, right?